By default, remove.bg for Windows / Mac / Linux outputs images in PNG or JPG format, depending on what background was selected (transparent or plain color).
For workflows that require further editing however, being able to open files in Photoshop and edit the layer mask is useful. To do that, follow these steps:
- Click the little cogwheel icon in the upper right corner to open the Settings dialog.
- Click the Output Settings tab.
- Tick the Photoshop file option and confirm the change with Save.
- Add images to the processing queue and click Start to process your images.
- The result images are now saved as PSD files in the output folder, allowing you to make adjustments to layer masks easily.
Note: This feature is available with version 1.1.1 of remove.bg for Windows / Mac / Linux or newer only.