You can upload any image in JPG/PNG format with up to 8 megabytes.
At the moment we support two types of foregrounds:
- Person photos
- Product photos
We aim to provide high-quality cutouts for a wide range of photos and settings. For best results, here are some recommendations for your next photo shooting.
- Contrast: Images taken under good lighting conditions and with a high contrast between foreground and background give better results.
- Alignment: Make sure to upload images with the correct orientation. Results are best if they match gravity (i.e. the ground is at the bottom of the image).
- Prefer plain backgrounds: Blurry and single-color backgrounds are easier to remove than sharp backgrounds with many details.
- Sharp foreground: If the foreground is blurry it might get removed. If only the edges are blurry, they will still be blurry in the cutout (which may or may not be an issue).
Person Photo Recommendations
- Number of people: Images with one person or with a few people currently perform better than photos of large groups of people.
- Objects: Small objects held in hands or worn on the body are usually supported (e.g. a basket ball), whereas large objects standing out are problematic.
Product Photo Recommendations
- Whole object: The whole product should be visible in the image, i.e. it must not be cut off.
- Object in focus: Take products out of their packaging and place them in of a plain background (photo studio, wall, floor).
- Shadows and reflections: Try to avoid hard shadows since they can be mistaken to be part of the foreground. Avoid reflections (especially in the background).
- No decorations: Do not place decorative objects in the photo. Do not add logos, stamps or cliparts to the photo before uploading it.